The Boar's Nest Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Daniel Morris
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Boar's Nest Forum Index » X-Colony 1 View previous topic
View next topic
Daniel Morris
Author Message
Gunnulf



Joined: 02 Nov 2006
Posts: 172
Location: MN

Post Daniel Morris Reply with quote
Concept: Marine, 3rd Generation Serviceman. Talented Combatant and Capable Pilot. Not entirely content with life in the service, but knows nothing better.

Callsign: "Dice"

Attributes
Agility: d8
Strength: d8
Vitality: d8
Alertness: d6
Intelligence: d6
Willpower: d6

Derived Attributes
Life Points: 15
Initiative: d8+d6
Endurance: d6+d8
Resistance: 2d8

Skills
Athletics d6
Discipline d6
Guns d6
| Pistols d8
| Rifles d8+d6
Heavy Weapons d6
| Mass Drivers d8+d6
Mechanics d6
Perception d6
Pilot d6
| Light Spacecraft d12
Survival d4
Unarmed Combat d6

Assets (20)
Combat Ready d10
Rank [First Lieutenant (Stellar Navy of Betalla Marines, 30th Airborne Unit)] d2
Talented [Rifles, Mass Drivers] d6
Tough d2

Complications (18)
Allergy [Cucumbers] d2
Duty [X-Colony 1; Stellar Navy of Betalla] d8
Prejudice [Pacifists] d4
Out for Blood d4

Advancement Points
Unspent
3 = | 3

Plot Points
8


Last edited by Gunnulf on Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:30 pm View user's profile Send private message
mighty_manrock



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Posts: 401
Location: Beijing

Post Character Prologue Reply with quote
((Morris' Plot Points = 6))

"This is Captain Kader. Alright, you two. You know the drill, but I'm required to repeat myself here. The Gormen clan has occupied this asteroid's iron mine, and they have a few buzzards out there guarding their operation here. We need you to take these guys out so we can finally get this sector secure."

Lt. Daniel Morris' radio briefly crackles to silence as his Haerdtia Mk. III blazes towards battle. That silence is just as quickly whisked away, however.

"Alright! How 'bout it, Morry? Let's show these fuckin' fringies where they belong."

"Don't get stupid in there, Wescott!" Cpt. Stelios Kader barks.


Last edited by mighty_manrock on Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:42 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gunnulf



Joined: 02 Nov 2006
Posts: 172
Location: MN

Post Reply with quote
Sweat beading on his brow, Daniel clears his throat with a ragged cough before answering.

"Copy that Wes, I've got your six." Daniel eases his thrusters to match Wesscott's speed, he glances at the photo of his beaming father and grandfather hastily taped to the edge of his instrument panel. Looking at the proud smiles on their faces, Daniel feels some of his trepidation about the engagement slip away, he even starts to feel like he might actually make it out of this one in one piece.
Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:24 am View user's profile Send private message
mighty_manrock



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Posts: 401
Location: Beijing

Post Reply with quote
Perception (Haerdtia) d8+d4 vs. Easy (3); roll 6

Morris' radar reports three small craft straight ahead. "12 o' clock, three Spitters headed our way, Dice."

Before long the two Betallan pilots see the clan fighters come into visual range among a cluster of small asteroids.

ROUND ONE
INITIATIVE - Bart Wescott (9), Daniel Morris (5), Gormen Fighters x3 (3)
Init. Vehicle Speeds: (all) 3; Distance Between Combatants: approx. 20 squares

WESCOTT


"Bridging the gap!" Wescott pounds his thrusters.

+2 Speed: Pilot|Light Spacecraft d8+d10+d6+d2 vs. Average (7); roll 9
Endurance (Haerdtia) d8+d6+d2 vs. 5; roll 11
Wescott's speed is now 5 without incident.


Wescott's fighter lunges ahead to engage. ((He moves 5 squares forward.))

MORRIS?
Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:27 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gunnulf



Joined: 02 Nov 2006
Posts: 172
Location: MN

Post Reply with quote
Daniel hits the thrusters and accelerates to follow Wesscott.

"Spooling up the Docs."

((staying one square behind and one to the left.))
Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:39 pm View user's profile Send private message
mighty_manrock



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Posts: 401
Location: Beijing

Post Reply with quote
+2 Speed: Pilot|Light Spacecraft d8+d12+d2 vs. Average (7); roll 9
Endurance (Haerdtia) d8+d6+d2 vs. 5; roll 10
Morris' speed is now 5 without incident.


Morris wings up on Bart's maiden.

GORMEN FIGHTERS

You see the enemy fighters begin to split up, a fighter each heading left, right and above. Their speeds remain the same.

ROUND TWO
Init. Vehicle Speeds: (Morris and Wescott) 5, (Gormen fighters) 3; Distance between Combatants: approx. 14 squares

WESCOTT


Bart engages his missile launchers, aiming for the fighter that veered right.

Heavy Weapons|Missiles (Wescott) d10+d8; roll 11
vs.
Pilot|Light Spacecraft (Gormen fighter) d8+d4+2; roll 9
Damage (Gormen fighter) 1w, 1s + 2d4w = 7w, 1s; 2w, 3s soaked = 5w
Gormen fighter (right) is damaged at 5w and now takes a penalty to further actions this turn.
Wescott's fighter has moved five squares toward Gormen fighter (right). His missile chamber is now empty.


Bart's missile finds its mark, dealing a considerable amount of damage to the enemy craft.

Singer laughs triumphantly. "How was that, Dice? You like that?"

MORRIS?


Last edited by mighty_manrock on Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:00 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gunnulf



Joined: 02 Nov 2006
Posts: 172
Location: MN

Post Reply with quote
Morris smiles slightly as he lines up his sights on the damaged fighter and squeezes off a shot with the Mass Accelerator.
Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:05 pm View user's profile Send private message
mighty_manrock



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Posts: 401
Location: Beijing

Post Reply with quote
Heavy Weapons|Mass Drivers (Morris) d8+d10(aim)+d6; roll 14
vs.
Pilot|Light Spacecraft (Gormen fighter) d8+d2(pen.)+2; roll 4
Damage (Gormen fighter) 5w, 5s + 1d6w = 6w, 5s; 2w, 3s soaked = 4w, 2s
Gormen fighter (right) is damaged at 9w, 2s; he takes a total of a -2 skill step penalty to further actions this round as well as a -2 Attribute step penalty to all actions due to damage.
Morris' fighter has moved five squares toward Gormen fighter (right). His MDs are now at 9 ammo.


Daniel fires off his mass drivers. The rails rip into the Gormen fighter, adding onto the already considerable damage dealt by Singer.

GORMEN FIGHTERS

The fighter who's been the object of affection thus far pulls away and begins to retreat.

"One Spitter's routed. Not too tough -- right, Dice?"

+1 Speed: Pilot|Light Spacecraft (Gormen fighter) d4(pen.)+d0(pen.) vs. Easy (3); roll 3

As the fleeing fighter fails to pick up speed, the other two close in toward their closest target, Daniel.

Heavy Weapons|Mass Drivers (Gormen fighter left 1) d8+d4; roll 8
vs.
Pilot|Light Spacecraft (Morris) d8+d10(pen.); roll 8
Gormen fighter (left 1)'s MDs are now at 9 ammo.


Dice sustains no damage from the first volley, though he can sense how close he was to being hit.


Last edited by mighty_manrock on Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:26 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mighty_manrock



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Posts: 401
Location: Beijing

Post Reply with quote
Heavy Weapons|Mass Drivers (Gormen fighter left 2) d8+d4; roll 10
vs.
Pilot|Light Spacecraft (Morris) 2d8(pen.)+1d6(Plot); roll 7
Damage (Morris) 1w, 2s + d6w = 7w, 2s; 2w, 3s soaked = 5w
Morris' Haerdtia is damaged at 5w.
Gormen fighter (left 2)'s MDs are now at 9 ammo.


((Morris' Plot Points -3 = 3))

The second volley connects with Morris' Haerdtia head-on despite his continued attempts to dodge out of the way.

The two fighters advance toward Morris and Wescott, effectively closing in on dogfighting range.

((You can react a bit or maybe take that Combat Ready action of yours before I go on. Remember your Plot Points too! I may start dividing up combat into different posts more so that Plot Points can be more easily spent.))


Last edited by mighty_manrock on Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:47 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gunnulf



Joined: 02 Nov 2006
Posts: 172
Location: MN

Post Reply with quote
Daniel Grimaces as his fighter shudders and kicks under the impact of the accelerator rounds. Ignoring the warnings from the onboard computer, Daniel throws his ship into a hard arc attempting to shake his pursuers.

((Taking a full defensive action this turn, no attack.))

"That's all fine and dandy Singer but, I could use a little covering fire here."
Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:57 am View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:    
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Boar's Nest Forum Index » X-Colony 1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

 
Jump to: 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Design by Freestyle XL / Flowers Online.


Free Forum Free Top Site List
Make this Forum Ad-Free