The Boar's Nest Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Daniel Morris
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Boar's Nest Forum Index » X-Colony 1 View previous topic
View next topic
Daniel Morris
Author Message
mighty_manrock



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Posts: 401
Location: Beijing

Post Reply with quote
((Morris' Plot Points +1 = 5))

+2 Speed: Pilot|Light Spacecraft (Morris) d8+d12+d2 vs. Average (7); roll 10
Endurance (Haerdtia) d8+d6+d2 vs. 7; roll 12
Morris' speed is now 7 without incident. He uses his Combat Ready action.


Morris' Haerdtia lunges forward ((into dogfighting range)) to strike. Wescott is taken by surprise. "Whoa!"

Heavy Weapons|Mass Drivers (Morris) d8+d12(bon.x2)+d6; roll 8
vs.
Pilot|Light Spacecraft (Gormen fighter left 1) d4(pen.)+d2(pen.); roll 3
Damage (Gormen fighter left 1) 2w, 3s + d6w = 6w, 3s; 2w, 3s soaked = 4w
Gormen fighter (left 1) is damaged at 12w, 3s. It shuts down instantly.
Endurance (Gormen fighter) d8+d6 vs. Easy (3); roll 12
It does not explode yet, however.
Morris' MDs are now at 7 ammo; he takes a total of a -1 skill step penalty to further actions this round.


Daniel's first volley renders his target inoperable.

Heavy Weapons|Mass Drivers (Morris) d8+d10(bon.x2/pen.)+d6; roll 7
Pilot|Light Spacecraft (Gormen fighter left 1) d4(pen)+d0(pen.x2); roll 3
Damage (Gormen fighter left 1) 2w, 2s + d6w = 7w, 2s; 2w, 3s soaked = 5w
Gormen fighter (left 1) is damaged at 17w, 3s.
Endurance (Gormen fighter) d8+d6 vs. Average (7); roll 8
It still does not explode yet, however.
Morris' MDs are now at 6 ammo; he takes a total of a -2 skill step penalty to further actions this round.


In his fury Dice's second volley does not find its target so readily. Though it sustains further damage, the Gormen fighter still manages to keep from blowing apart at the seams.

"Dice, we're done here! Our orders are to report back to escort the boarding transport."

GORMEN FIGHTERS

Alertness (Gormen fighter right) d8 vs. 18 (threshold); roll 2 (total 5)


The only active fighter's engines are still stalling.

((Wescott forgoes his combat turn to prepare to return to the carrier. What does Morris do?))
Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:02 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gunnulf



Joined: 02 Nov 2006
Posts: 172
Location: MN

Post Reply with quote
Daniel looks at the ruined fighter, smoke and atmo streaming from its ruined hull. He knew, that there was little chance that the fighter would be of any use to anyone. He knew that the pilot would soon be either dead or captive within the hour.

((Willpower+Discipline (Average) roll I think to keep from letting my Out for Blood take over)).
Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:15 am View user's profile Send private message
mighty_manrock



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Posts: 401
Location: Beijing

Post Reply with quote
Discipline (Morris) 2d6 vs. Average (7); roll 5

((Interpretation up to you.))
Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:56 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gunnulf



Joined: 02 Nov 2006
Posts: 172
Location: MN

Post Reply with quote
But at that moment, he really didn't care. These bastards were trying to kill him and his own. And he'd be fucked if he was going to let this bastard live.

"Sorry Singer, say again." Daniel puts just a hint of confusion into his voice as he lines up his shot at the damaged fighter, and lets loose with the Docs.
Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:18 am View user's profile Send private message
mighty_manrock



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Posts: 401
Location: Beijing

Post Reply with quote
((Morris' Plot Points +1 = 6))

Wescott doesn't buy it. "You want to clean up again, fine. I'm following orders and returning to the carrier; I want no part of this."

No roll; Morris' MDs are now at 5 ammo.

Morris blasts away at the inert ship, his shots penetrating the engine and blowing the fighter to bits.
Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:49 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gunnulf



Joined: 02 Nov 2006
Posts: 172
Location: MN

Post Reply with quote
"Copy that Singer, returning to base." Daniel turns his ship back towards the carrier and braces himself for the shitstorm that is sure to follow. Making sure his com isn't transmitting, he leans back in his chair and lets out a long breath that he hadn't realized he was holding. "It's gonna be one of those days."
Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:10 am View user's profile Send private message
mighty_manrock



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Posts: 401
Location: Beijing

Post Reply with quote
As Dice approaches the carrier, he is hailed. "Lt. Morris, this is Orestus at base. We've had a change of situation: because you've sustained damage and because we expect the boarding mission to be routine, you'll be landing aboard the Carrier Mandrake. I'm told you are to report to your superior, Captain Kader. Over and out."

Having landed his Haerdtia and checked everything in with the deck repair crew, Daniel finds himself standing in the hangar bay, resolved of further duties that day -- aside from meeting with Kader anyway.


Last edited by mighty_manrock on Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:34 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gunnulf



Joined: 02 Nov 2006
Posts: 172
Location: MN

Post Reply with quote
Daniel is glad to be out of that ship and back in the ever-so-loving grasp of gravity, even if it is artificial but, happy as he is to not be in a cockpit anymore, a chewing out by the Captain was not at the top of the list of things that he wanted. Regardless, he breaks into a slow jog towards Squadron Command.

Returning the salute from the door guards, he waits to be let in.
Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:14 pm View user's profile Send private message
mighty_manrock



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Posts: 401
Location: Beijing

Post Reply with quote
The Squad Command Deck doors open for Morris. Inside he finds an unusual sight: in sharp contrast to the buzz that filled the deck in the preceding weeks, with the campaign nearing its end there was now very little activity here. Whereas before captains could be seen barking orders into headsets and coordinating between one another, now the atmosphere was much more relaxed -- even celebratory. As Morris makes his way over to Captain Kader, seated at a small station near the back corner, several of his fellow soldiers pat him on the shoulder and express mutual congratulations.

Kader, in the midst of writing up a message, looks up as Daniel approaches. "Lt. Morris. At ease. Have a seat."
Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:43 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gunnulf



Joined: 02 Nov 2006
Posts: 172
Location: MN

Post Reply with quote
"Thank you sir."

Daniel takes a seat in the stiff and uncomfortable chair near Kader, back straight and eyes looking towards the captain. In spite of his trepidation at the nature of the meeting, years of training and military service paid off, keeping his outward appearance steady and stoic.
Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:20 pm View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:    
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Boar's Nest Forum Index » X-Colony 1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

 
Jump to: 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Design by Freestyle XL / Flowers Online.


Free Forum Free Top Site List
Make this Forum Ad-Free