The Boar's Nest Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Arden Maersk
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Boar's Nest Forum Index » X-Colony 1 View previous topic
View next topic
Arden Maersk
Author Message
CyranoLeRapier



Joined: 11 Jan 2009
Posts: 46
Location: B-Town, Cali. Holla.

Post Arden Maersk Reply with quote
Concept: Exceptionally talented doctor with a double life, and a deep grudge against humanity.

Attributes
Agility: d8
Strength: d4
Vitality: d6
Alertness: d10
Intelligence: d10
Willpower: d6

Derived Attributes
Life Points (Vit. + Wil.): 12
Inititative (Agi. + Ale.): d10+d8
Endurance (Vit. + Wil.): 2d6
Resistance (Vit. x2): 2d6

Skills
Covert d6
| Stealth d8
Discipline d4(+d6)*
Guns d6
Influence d2(-d4)*
Knowledge d6
Medicine d6+d4*
| Surgery d8+d4*
| First Aid d10+d4*
Perception d2
| Empathy (-1 step)*
Performance d6
| Acting d8
Science d6(+d4)*
| Life Sciences d8+d4*
Tech d6
| Hacking d8

Traits (2+24) [2 points left over]
Alternate Identity d4
Healer's Touch d4
Higher Education [Life Sciences] d4
Rank [Surgeon Lieutenant Commander, Discharged; Sickbay Vice-Administrator] d4
Shadow d2
Unbreakable Will d6

Complications (24)
Contrarian d4
Dead Inside d4
Duty d8 [Hippocratic Oath, X-Colony 1]
Smartass d4
Traumatic Flashes d4 [Nightmares, sees newborn infants dying]

Advancement Points
Unspent
3 = | 3

Plot Points
8
Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:59 am View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
mighty_manrock



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Posts: 401
Location: Beijing

Post Character Prologue Reply with quote
The racket of guns and explosions outside slowly comes to pause as the medic Kerr Adamsen, surrounded by onlookers, delivers a child.

A voices buzzes through radio static. "The Betallans have agreed to a ceasefire. This area is not safe, and we are deploying transports to evacuate the civilians. All soldiers are ordered to do your best to assist in the evacuation proceedings. I repeat, all soldiers are ordered to do your best to assist. Over and out."

As the radio crackles into silence, Kerr finds himself looking into the bawling eyes of a newborn baby. The mother reclines, her energy spent but her agony over.

Lieutenant Stelios Kader grips Kerr's shoulder, sternly and yet not without a bit of shaking. "We need to get these people out of here, Kerr." The onlooking civilians look at both soldiers and at each other rather blankly.

((Maersk's Plot Points: 6))


Last edited by mighty_manrock on Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:03 am; edited 3 times in total
Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:25 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CyranoLeRapier



Joined: 11 Jan 2009
Posts: 46
Location: B-Town, Cali. Holla.

Post Reply with quote
Kerr looks back at the lieutenant, nodding grimly. His green eyes brimmed with tears at the sight around him, he hands the child back to the mother, smiling warmly.

"Congratulations," he says, "It's a boy."

The mother takes the child in her arms, weeping quietly. She whispers a thank you, and Kerr points to a couple of the onlookers. "You two, carry the woman and her child in the blanket, but wait for my signal. I'm going to go ahead and make sure the coast is clear for us to move."

Without another word, Kerr sneaks through the front and ducks through the rubble surrounding him, moving towards the base.
Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:04 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
mighty_manrock



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Posts: 401
Location: Beijing

Post Reply with quote
The war-weary civilians Kerr directed to help mechanically begin to follow his orders, taking up the sweat-soaked woman and her screaming child. Lt. Kader snaps out of his daze and follows up behind Kerr, his sidearm drawn to the ready.

The streets outside are lightly fogged with smoke and cluttered with rubble. As Adamsen and Kader make their way toward city center that the Muntoan forces had been holding down in lieu of any established fortifications, the atmosphere is dead silent.

Perception|Sight (Maersk) d0+d10 vs. Average (7); roll 9

Kerr stops and peers ahead for a moment. Though still a ways away and his vision obscured by his surroundings, he sees a Muntoan ground transport stop in the city center.


Last edited by mighty_manrock on Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:46 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CyranoLeRapier



Joined: 11 Jan 2009
Posts: 46
Location: B-Town, Cali. Holla.

Post Reply with quote
Kerr continues walking ahead, his own hand resting on sidearm. He turns back, smiling to the lieutenant and the civilians. "I can see a transport ahead. We're almost there!"

He continues up ahead, keeping a constant look for any enemy skirmishers.
Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:17 am View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
mighty_manrock



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Posts: 401
Location: Beijing

Post Reply with quote
The civilians, several of them helping carry the woman and her child, slowly make their way up behind Kerr. Lt. Kader stays back with them, keeping a vigilant watch from behind the group.

Kerr and all of the others make it to the transport, where his fellow soldiers regard him grimly. As a few other groups of civilians are brought in, Maj. Napoulos steps from his tent and approaches Kerr Adamsen.

"Good work, soldier. Now to get these men out of here."

Before he can say anything, Kerr sees the man's expression change abruptly to one of contempt.

Unarmed (Maj. Napoulos) d4+d6 vs. Easy (3); roll 9 (dif. 6)
Damage (Maersk) 6s

Lt. Kader yelps in surprise and raises his firearm as Maj. Napoulos grabs Adamsen forcefully by the throat. The surprise and sudden pressure to his jugular and windpipe sends Kerr's head swimming.

The major barks, "You know what's going to happen here, Kerr! And yet you're doing nothing different!"

Lt. Kader mumbles in disbelief, "Sir.... Please, let him... let him go."

Maj. Napoulos turns a steely gaze to Lt. Kader, still gripping Kerr helplessly by the throat with one hand. With the other he raises his pistol.

Guns|Pistol (Maj. Napoulos) 2d8 vs. Lt. Kader; roll 14
Athletics|Dodge (Lt. Kader) d4+d8; roll 12 (dif. 2)
Damage (Lt. Kader) 1w, 1s + d6w; roll 5 = 6w, 1s


Lt. Kader takes a bullet through the shoulder and doubles back, cursing. By this time all the surrounding soldiers have their guns trained on Maj. Napoulos, utterly aghast at what is happening.

Before Kerr can really react at all, still held by his superior officer's throat, his eyes wander. He finds himself staring at the face of the newborn a bit away. And he can't help but feel that... a wicked smile is beginning to part its lips.

Dr. Maersk awakes.


Last edited by mighty_manrock on Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:12 am; edited 6 times in total
Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:57 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CyranoLeRapier



Joined: 11 Jan 2009
Posts: 46
Location: B-Town, Cali. Holla.

Post Reply with quote
Maersk shoots up from his dream calling out, sweat gleaming across his face. Cupping his face in his hands, partly to sweep his salt and pepper hair back, partly to wipe the sweat away, he mutters quietly, "Every night..."

He gets out of bed and walks to the wash basin in his quarters' restroom onboard the ship, splashing his face with water. He licks his lips, tasting his sweat mingled with the fresh water and remembering where he is and who he's supposed to be.

Getting dressed, he puts on his doctor's coat and name tag, rubbing his thumb over the slightly raised letters, thinking with a slight scowl, Dr. Arden Maersk... Ha. He then walks out the door of his quarters, ready to start another dreary day.
Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:29 am View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
mighty_manrock



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Posts: 401
Location: Beijing

Post Reply with quote
Perception|Sight (Maersk) d0+d10 vs. Average (7); roll 3

Dr. Maersk continues on his way without having noticed anything.


Last edited by mighty_manrock on Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:09 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CyranoLeRapier



Joined: 11 Jan 2009
Posts: 46
Location: B-Town, Cali. Holla.

Post Reply with quote
Maersk moves toward the cafeteria onboard the ship, ignoring the world for a few blissful seconds and all its idiocy. He gets himself a cup of coffee and promptly walks out as to avoid any useless chit-chat with other medical staff or patients.

He then moves to walk to his office.
Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:11 am View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
mighty_manrock



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Posts: 401
Location: Beijing

Post Reply with quote
Nothing seems to be out of the ordinary until Maersk gets to the door to his office. The screen on the front of the door displays a message:

Out today. Consult the medical bay receptionist.
- Dr. Maersk

The door does not slide open as usual.
Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:19 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Display posts from previous:    
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Boar's Nest Forum Index » X-Colony 1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

 
Jump to: 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Design by Freestyle XL / Flowers Online.


Free Forum Free Top Site List
Make this Forum Ad-Free