The Boar's Nest Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Deception Point: Scene 2 (Dacer)
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Boar's Nest Forum Index » Tales of the Sarge Chronicles View previous topic
View next topic
Deception Point: Scene 2 (Dacer)
Author Message
Gunnulf



Joined: 02 Nov 2006
Posts: 172
Location: MN

Post Deception Point: Scene 2 (Dacer) Reply with quote
The Sun is starting to set over the Selonian landscape. A small home sits next to a large hanger with a freshly printed sign attached over the massive opening declaring it as "CREED FLIGHT SCHOOL". Inside sit several starships: a Y-wing, two Z-95 Headhunters, and one slightly shaky looking Lambda Shuttle.

Sitting in the cockpit of the Y-wing is Dacer Seurg, his hair shaggy and unkempt, wearing coveralls streaked in engine grease and dirt. He is examining a datapad linked to the starfighter's computer.

((The startfighter itself is a custom design, all the weaponry minus the laser cannons have been removed, the rear seat is now contains a backup set of controls that can override the primary, Dacer has been using this for new students.))

Dacer frowns at the display, the secondary controls are responding as well as he'd like and he's been attempting to find a workaround.

Use Computer Check (Dacer) +15 vs DC 20; (take 10) = SUCCESS

Dacer fixes the problem and restores the secondary controls. After unplugging the datapad, he climbs the ladder down careful not to collide with the service droid that scuttles past him on it's way to finish restoring the Lambda shuttle.

As Dacer checks his datapad to see what else needs to be done, he hears a female voice calling from the hanger's entrance.

"Dace, dinner is almost ready, are you about done with the work for today?"
Zuma Yahan Seurg says, still dressed from her job at the university.

((You've still got some minor repairs to do on the Z-95's but it's mostly having to do with getting the weapon systems back online after you locked them to prevent any trigger happy students from causing any damage.))
Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:11 pm View user's profile Send private message
mighty_manrock



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Posts: 401
Location: Beijing

Post Reply with quote
Well, I guess it's not like there's a lot around to shoot lately. Dacer smiles to himself, calling to mind the comfort of his new, modest life. He then turns his inward smile out toward his wife.

"Sure, Zuma. I'll just get a quick shower first."
Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:51 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gunnulf



Joined: 02 Nov 2006
Posts: 172
Location: MN

Post Reply with quote
Later that night....

Dacer, much cleaner after his shower, is loading the washer from the night's meal. Zuma, exhausted from work has decided to call it a night and go to bed leaving Dacer to his own musing for the night.

((It's getting to be late, you and Zuma took your time enjoying the dinner. You have some minor repairs that you could finish up, there's some applications for the school that you need to file some paperwork for, but nothing that can't wait until tomorrow to get finished.))


Last edited by Gunnulf on Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:36 pm View user's profile Send private message
mighty_manrock



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Posts: 401
Location: Beijing

Post Reply with quote
Dacer looks over some of the paperwork just to get a sense of what he's dealing with before he finishes it up in the morning.
Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:59 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gunnulf



Joined: 02 Nov 2006
Posts: 172
Location: MN

Post Reply with quote
The paper work is related to the potential acceptance of a few of applicants for your school. Nothing too crazy, a couple of teenagers from a few islands over, and the nephew of a farming couple that you met a few weeks ago. The paperwork that needs to be filed is mostly insurance-related.
Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:08 pm View user's profile Send private message
mighty_manrock



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Posts: 401
Location: Beijing

Post Reply with quote
Let's see. Option A: fill out insurance papers. Option B: get really greasy again. Option C: snuggle with lovely wife - well, bedtime.

Dacer heads that-a-way.
Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:49 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gunnulf



Joined: 02 Nov 2006
Posts: 172
Location: MN

Post Reply with quote
As he heads towards a warm and comfortable bed, something makes him stop. It's been almost a year since he stopped using the Force. And this is the first time that it's flared up like this since. It's a feeling that he hasn't felt since he moved back to Selonia. And it's a feeling that he's far too familiar with: Danger. And it's close very close.

((You're currently unarmed, about 5 meters from your bedroom. Your lightsaber is concealed in the bedroom while your pistol and rifle are in a locked cabinet near the door. Your Danger sense is telling you that something nearby means you harm.))

Perception Check (Dacer) +11 vs DC __; Roll 5 = ???

Dacer looks around the room but doesn't see or hear anything out of the ordinary.


Last edited by Gunnulf on Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:08 pm View user's profile Send private message
mighty_manrock



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Posts: 401
Location: Beijing

Post Reply with quote
((How close is the cabinet?))

Dacer feigns ignorance and makes his way toward the bedroom as normal.

((Readying an action to give anything crazy that pops out an honest-to-god punch in the mouth.))
Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:11 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gunnulf



Joined: 02 Nov 2006
Posts: 172
Location: MN

Post Reply with quote
((The cabinet is about 4 meters away))
Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:35 pm View user's profile Send private message
mighty_manrock



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Posts: 401
Location: Beijing

Post Reply with quote
((Going for the bedroom door. Can I sense anything more specific with the Force?))
Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:40 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Display posts from previous:    
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Boar's Nest Forum Index » Tales of the Sarge Chronicles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to: 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Design by Freestyle XL / Flowers Online.


Free Forum Free Top Site List
Make this Forum Ad-Free