The Boar's Nest Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Deception Point: Scene 2 (Dacer)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Boar's Nest Forum Index » Tales of the Sarge Chronicles View previous topic
View next topic
Deception Point: Scene 2 (Dacer)
Author Message
Gunnulf



Joined: 02 Nov 2006
Posts: 172
Location: MN

Post Reply with quote
As Dacer nears his bedroom door, he widens his perceptions with the force, his eyes close for a moment.

Sense Surroundings Check (Dacer) +22 vs DC 15; roll 13 = SUCCESS
Perception Check (Dacer) +22 vs DC __; roll 5 = FAIL


Dacer's eyes snap back open.
((You sense two presences in addition two yours and Zuma. You aren't sure where exactly they are, but they are hostile.))
Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:08 am View user's profile Send private message
mighty_manrock



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Posts: 401
Location: Beijing

Post Reply with quote
((Crap, this is why I hate trying to play 16-WIS characters.))

Dacer attempts to send out a barrage of images and emotions through Force telepathy - threatening and protective but also remorseful. They are mostly images from his battle with Logos and the aftermath thereof, but there are also a few of minor Sith he attempted to talk down but ultimately had to kill.

The general message he intends to convey through this intimidation is "Hurt my family and I will slaughter you; leave us in peace and I will not pursue." He braces to throw open the bedroom door if he senses a peak in hostility.
Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:14 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gunnulf



Joined: 02 Nov 2006
Posts: 172
Location: MN

Post Reply with quote
Opposed Telepathy Check (Dacer) +22 [-5 circumstance]; vs DC __; roll 10 = SUCCESS

((You sense brief but fleeting senses of doubt and worry. Before it seems that they suddenly become much harder to detect in the force.))

Suddenly Dacer's senses flare.

((Keep in mind this is the first combat that I've run and for such reasons I'm going to keep the dice rolling in BOLD while keeping the cenematic descriptions in italics. HP totals will be updated at end of every round.))

*Surprise Round Start*
???'s Attack Roll vs Dacer (flat-footed) Ref 30; roll 17 = Success; 12 damage to dacer; Poision Attack; roll 20 = success; Dacer moves -1 on condition track.
Dacers suddenly feels a sharp stab in the back of his neck. Suddenly, he nearly collapses to his knees. His body seems to be less responsive. A flicker in the force and a trace of movement behind alerts him to the presence of someone down the hall from him.
*Surprise Round End*

*Combat Start*
Initiative Check
Dacer = 29 (127hp, -1 penalty)
??? = 28



((Dacer goes first.))
Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:57 am View user's profile Send private message
mighty_manrock



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Posts: 401
Location: Beijing

Post Reply with quote
"Nngh!" Sorry. Only one warning.

Dacer throws open the bedroom door, hops inside and closes it behind him. Then he sees about retrieving his lightsaber.

((If I see the other intruder in the bedroom, I'll react to him first after closing the door.))
Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:06 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gunnulf



Joined: 02 Nov 2006
Posts: 172
Location: MN

Post Reply with quote
Spot Check (Dacer) +22 vs DC__; roll 8 = SUCCESS

As Dacer swiftly opens the door, slipping through will slamming the door shut, he spins around to find another one of the the attackers looming over a somewhat dazed Zuma attempting to climb back to her feet. The man is holding a vibroblade.
Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:54 am View user's profile Send private message
mighty_manrock



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Posts: 401
Location: Beijing

Post Reply with quote
((Ahem. Sorry about that. I was occupied all week.))

"Zuma!" Dacer cries through gritted teeth, lashing out wrathfully in the Force and attempting to throw the intruder out the bedroom window.

((... if there is a window.))
Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:32 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gunnulf



Joined: 02 Nov 2006
Posts: 172
Location: MN

Post Reply with quote
Use the Force: Move Object (Dacer) +22 vs DC_; roll 10 = SUCCESS; roll 2d6+8 = 17

With a wave of his arm, Dacer exerts himself through the force, hurling the attacker the attacker away from his wife and crashing though the bedroom window.

The other Assassin starts attacking the door, attempting to break it down.
Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:16 pm View user's profile Send private message
mighty_manrock



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Posts: 401
Location: Beijing

Post Reply with quote
Dacer stands clenching his fists and grimacing for a couple of seconds before helping Zuma to her feet. His demeanor softens considerably as he asks, "You okay, babe?"

((As she answers, I'll move to recover my lightsaber.))
Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:53 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gunnulf



Joined: 02 Nov 2006
Posts: 172
Location: MN

Post Reply with quote
Zuma massages a small lump on the side of her forehead, "I'm fine just a little blurry right now, be a good husband and hand me my blaster from the nightstand won't you?"

((Your lightsaber is well-hidden, but easy enough to retrieve from inside a small shielded panel in the same nightstand.))
Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:33 pm View user's profile Send private message
mighty_manrock



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Posts: 401
Location: Beijing

Post Reply with quote
Dacer smiles briefly to her. Then he bounds to the nightstand to retrieve both of their weapons; he tosses Zuma's blaster to her and ignites his lightsaber, facing the locked door.
Sun May 04, 2008 9:32 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Display posts from previous:    
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Boar's Nest Forum Index » Tales of the Sarge Chronicles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to: 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Design by Freestyle XL / Flowers Online.


Free Forum Free Top Site List
Make this Forum Ad-Free